- Guidelines for New Students Studying in Taiwan
- New Student Admission Notifications
- Information Service
Guidelines for Overseas Chinese Preparatory Program Fall Semester New Students Studying in Taiwan
※The school has e-mailed the admission information of new students to the E-mail address filled in the registration system of the University Entrance Committee For Overseas Chinese Students(海外聯合招生委員會). If you have not received it, please check whether it is in the "spam folder". If not, please refer to the following information or contact the school, thank you.Google Form：1. Online Registration 2. Enrollment Intent Survey 3. Arrival Report
New Student Admission Information for Fall 2023
1. How do I know if I have been admitted to the Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students?
You can check through the UECFOCS(海外聯招會) website/the 2023 Admission Announcement(2023年錄取公告).
2. How can I contact the Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students' teachers?
The school will send new student information via email to admitted students. If you have not received an email or have not been able to join the new student group successfully, please contact the school. Other ways to contact the school include: Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: 揪me僑大
1. When can we start entering Taiwan?
The school registration dates are from September 11th to September 12th, and the dormitories will be open for new student check-in on September 4th. Students should arrive on campus before the start of classes.
2. Are students responsible for handling entry-related matters?
For those who do not hold a valid residence permit in Taiwan, you need to apply for a visa or entry permit before boarding the flight to Taiwan. Please prepare the relevant documents and handle the visa or entry permit application at the ROC Embassies and Missions Abroad office. Inform the school after entering Taiwan to keep them informed about your whereabouts.
3. What information do I need to provide to the school upon entry?
If you have confirmed your enrollment in the Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students, please report the following information to the school for assessment: (1) Before August 20th, complete the online registration and upload the distribution notice. Online registration：https://reurl.cc/jD3881 (2) After entering Taiwan, please fill out the arrival report form for the school. Arrival report：https://reurl.cc/XEq2e3
4. Will the school help students book their flight tickets?
Generally, students need to book their flight tickets on their own. After entering Taiwan, please fill out the arrival report form for the school to keep them informed about your arrival.
5. I applied to reserve my admission for the 111 academic year (2022), will the school assist with my entry application?
For students who applied to reserve their admission for the 111 academic year (2022), please apply for a visa with the original distribution notice and the official document approving the reservation of admission from the school. If you need an English version of the admission reservation document, please contact Mr. Ding from the Academic Affairs Office email@example.com.
Registration and Curriculum
1. (1) When is the start date for the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office? (2) When do students need to report?
(1)The registration dates are from September 11th to September 12th. Student orientation is scheduled for September 13th to September 14th, and classes officially start on September 15th. (2)Please complete the online registration before August 20th. After arriving on campus, proceed to the dormitory for in-person registration.
2. What are the tuition fees and accommodation costs for the different groups in the Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students?
Please refer to the file "2023 Fall Class Fee schedule" on the website New Student Admission Information page for the tuition fee schedule and textbook list.
3. If I am unable to attend the fall semester this year due to unforeseen circumstances, how can I apply to reserve my spot? What are the application procedures?
Please download the application form for reserving your admission(保留入學資格申請書). Fill out and sign the form, then submit it along with the distribution notice to the Academic Affairs Office via email or fax.
1. When can I move into the dormitory?
The dormitory will be open for new students in the fall semester starting from September 4th.
2. As a new student in the Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students, are there reserved dormitory beds for me, or do I need to apply separately for accommodation?
All students in the Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students are required to live on campus. Dormitory beds will be assigned through a lottery system, and there is no need to apply separately. If you want live in a single or double room,please fill in the dormitory room type registration by August 20th. (During this stage, only room type registration will be recorded. As the number of single and double rooms is limited, a lottery will be conducted later, and the results will be announced.)
3. What are the accommodations and facilities provided in the dormitories of the Academy of Preparatory Programs for Overseas Chinese Students?
The dormitories provide bedframes, wardrobes, desks, washing and drying machines (fee required), air conditioning (additional charges apply), and internet access. Mattresses, quilts, pillows, and daily necessities can be purchased at on-campus store or off-campus shops. ※The bed size is approximately 88cm*210cm.
4. Can I send some of my belongings to the school dormitory in advance? How do I apply for this with the school?
※Please send the package only after receiving the dormitory building and room number (the lottery draw is scheduled for August 23rd, please pay attention to the school's announcement). Please clearly indicate the following information on the package: 1. New student of the 112th academic year, fall semester 2. Recipient's full name in Chinese 3. Gender 4. Dormitory building and room number 5. Expected arrival date at the school 6. Contact phone number (If you already have a Taiwan mobile number, please provide that; if not, please provide your overseas mobile number)
5. I am already in Taiwan as a new student. Can I move into the dormitory earlier? How can I apply for this?
The dormitories will be open for new students from September 4th, and early move-in is not allowed.